Synthetic Long Peptide Technology
ISA Pharmaceuticals has succeeded to decipher the mode of action and the immunopharmacology of its compounds. As a result, the immunotherapeutics are optimized in terms of length, antigen selection, dosage, administration, timing of the therapeutic intervention, etc. They are also designed to contain an optimal number of T cell epitopes in order to trigger both CD8 killer and CD4 helper cells, avoid antigenic competition and provide an improved internal reservoir of antigens within dendritic cells.
ISA’s SLP® immunotherapeutics in detail
ISA’s SLP® immunotherapeutics are easy-to-manufacture synthetic peptides, typically consisting of 5 to 15 peptides, each between 20 to 35 amino acids in length. An SLP® product thereby covers the most immunogenic regions of a therapeutic target and contains epitopes for the efficient induction of both CD4 and CD8 T cell responses in each individual patient, irrespective of individual HLA types.
Best in class
SLP® based immunotherapeutics:
- avoid (central) tolerance – SLP® immunotherapeutics consist of a selection of 5-15 highly immunogenic long peptides, specifically designed to target foreign antigens and selected cancer testis antigens
- cover a broad range of HLA restricted epitopes – individual SLP® components contain multiple HLA epitopes and are processed by the patients’ own immune system to elicit patient specific T cell responses
- avoid antigenic competition – an SLP® treatment delivers a concentrated antigen source, without the need for ballast-carrier vehicle
- induce strong and lasting specific T cell responses – an SLP® treatment, when combined with best-in-class adjuvants, induces powerfull and sustained CD4+ and CD8+ tumor specific T cell responses, with the capacity to overpower the hostile tumor microenvironment and induce T cell memory
- are complementary to standard-of-care therapy – SLP® vaccines can be safely combined and are synergistic with chemotherapy and immuno-modulators like anti-PD1 antibodies.