Synergy with chemotherapy
Strong T cell responses after timed treatment with therapeutic HPV16 SLP-vaccine ISA101 plus standard of care chemotherapy for late-stage cervical cancer are associated with prolonged survival (Welters et al, van der Sluis et al, Melief et al).
Synergy with checkpoint blocking
Doubling of Overall Response Rate (ORR) by adding therapeutic HPV16 SLP-vaccine ISA101 to anti-PD1 in patients with incurable HPV16+ oropharyngeal cancer (Massarelli et al).
- Tumor de-bulking
- Bring down systemic immune suppressor cells (MDSC’s)
- Increase sensitivity for T cell-induced apoptosis
- Enable T cell infiltration and functioning
- Improve tumor micro-environment
- Increase functional tumor-specific T cells
- Migration of vaccine-induced T cells to tumor
- Achieve deeper, longer lasting responses